The deadline for the Bishop and MCEF Scholarship's is December 1, 2017. Prior to the application deadline, Muskegon Catholic Central will host several SMART AID workshops. At the workshop you will be able to complete the SMART AID Application, get answers to your questions about the application process, and check already completed application forms for accuracy.
Please consider attending a workshop on one of the dates below in the 7-12 cafeteria (children are welcome to come along). Drop-in at your convenience during the times listed.
- Thursday, November 2nd 2-4 pm
- Tuesday, November 7th 5-7 pm
- Friday, November 17th 8-10 am
- Tuesday, November 28 5-7 pm
- Thursday, November 30 1-3 pm
Before attending the workshops, please ensure you gather the correct supporting documents listed below and bring the documents with you to the workshop:
Unfortunately applications submitted without documentation cannot be processed.
- Most recent paystubs
- 2016 W-2 forms for all jobs.
- 2016 filed tax return: 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- 2016 filed business tax return (if applicable only): 1120, 1120S, 1065 (if applicable only)
- Supplemental income documentation (if applicable only): Social Security income, Welfare, Food Stamps, Child Support,
- 1099-M Forms, Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, Veterans Benefits, Housing Allowance, etc.
- If you are unable to provide any of the aforementioned items, please submit a Special Circumstance Letter indicating which document(s) you are unable to provide and why.
- Expenses Documentation- Please have the following information handy when filling out the application:
Monthly rent (when applicable)
Annual Renter’s insurance (when applicable)
Annual energy expenses (electricity; gas, oil, coal, water, sewage)
Mortgage information (monthly payment, total still owed, market value)
Property tax (if not included in tax returns)
Rental income and expenses